Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Furniture Redo's

Obviously I have been a very bad blogger the last six months.  As you all know, my first semester of college had me swamped.  

What you may or may not have known was that I was also very busy doing a whole lot of other things that I just never had time to sit down and blog about.

One of those things was redoing some furniture.  

I'm sure you remember the dated entertainment center I redid last summer.  From this:


To this:


The little table I bought for a $1.


To this:


But what I haven't shown you was a $5 chair I got from Goodwill last summer.  I don't have a before picture.  Not because I didn't take any, I know I did!  But because until recently I used to jump between 3 different computers, making my organization AWFUL!  

I'm sure you can image what the chair looked like.  Dated wood and super nasty navy blue fabric.

But it was not gross anymore after I spent a few days working on her!


I absolutely loved this chair!  I've had it in my living for months before I finally sold it on Craigslist the other day for....$35!


I wish you could see the distressing...it was by far my best to date.

I also redid this piano bench which I also bought at a garage sale for $1 last summer.


To this:


Oh yes my dear friends.....that is vintage key printed burlap!!!  GORGEOUS!  I got that at Joanne's with a coupon.  It's a little more expensive than plain burlap, but not much, and definitely worth the little extra money.

And the last one was the little footstool I picked up from another garage sale for $5.


To this:


I actually stenciled this key onto a swatch of drop cloth.  I got the image from Graphics Fairy.  Then I used my Cricut to cut out a stencil from cardstock and used fabric paint and a foam stencil brush to apply the paint.  It worked like a charm.

Just a few things I did in late summer/early fall.  :) 









9 comments:

  1. Great makeovers, Erin! Love the fabric you chose for the footstools. Congrats on your Craiglist sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is only 24 hours in a day, how do you do it all !!! The chair and stools are fabulous!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You redid some gorgeous pieces! Next time you are down my way, you will have to come here and help me redo some of my old furniture pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the furniture redo's and even greater on squeezing life into every single minute!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh fantastic! Love the arms on that $5 chair. I always feel like I have to explain my makeover idea to the Goodwill cashier, in case they wonder why I'm buying a hunk of dirty junk. Like they really care! Hysterical, really.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, my name is Heather! Please email me when you can, I have a question about your blog!

    HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your piano bench and foot stool make over! I also blog my furniture makeovers but havent gotten up the guts to reupholster anything yet. Looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is anyelse furniture makeover ideas and techniques are shared in the blog post beside "Furniture Redos" on Where Beauty Meets Function? Tel U

    ReplyDelete