Saturday, September 17, 2011

Book Review - Life Without Limits

The latest book I read for Blogging for Books was "Life Without Limits" by Nick Vujicic.



Nick was born with no arms OR legs!  And yet he has managed to live a full, happy life.  In this book he encourages people that if he can face all the challenges that living with no arms and legs brings, then we can all live a life without limits.

Overall, I was inspired by the book.  I mean how can you NOT feel somewhat guilty about the little things we complain about when we compare ourselves to Nick.  We are clearly blessed just to be born with complete bodies. I know I am quite guilty of complaining about my weight...and yet in comparison I'll take my extra 'baggage' over no limbs anyday.

It is very religious in nature.  Nick credits God and His plan (as well as his amazing parents) for him being where he is today and who he is.  

The only problem with the book is, I felt like it read somewhat like an infomercial. Nick is very honest about his pain growing up different and fitting in and such. But at times the book read a little too "look how wonderful I am." It became redundant by halfway through the book. 

If you are in need of encouragement or help looking at how blessed you really are...then absolutely read this book.  If you are just looking for a good read, I'd pass on it. :/


1 comment:

  1. wow, that is amazing! i've had this starred in my reader so that i could leave a comment when i had time, and for some reason yesterday i couldn't click through. it's good now, tho.

    ReplyDelete