Monday, December 06, 2010

12 Days of Christmas - Day 4 - A Recipe

I know....I know!!  I'm a bad blogger!  I'm, ohhh, 2 days behind on my 12 days of Christmas!!

Sorry!!  As you know I'm redoing Doodle's bedroom.  Well, maybe you didn't realize I was actively working on it RIGHT NOW....IN THE MIDDLE OF 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS.....IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HOLIDAY SEASON WITH PARTIES TO ATTEND, CRAFTS AND DECORATING AND BAKING TO DO!!!

Yes, I am that kind of crazy!! ;)

In my defense...I never said it would be consecutive. LOL

Well, that's my defense anyway. :)

Ok....so.....do you have a special holiday recipe you just love? 

I DO!!

And until this weekend, I have never actually made it myself.  I look forward to my step-mom making this every single Christmas Eve!!

They make fun of me because it is just that one food I can NOT stay out of!  I just keep going back for more nibbles.

A couple years ago, my step-dad was laughing at me about not being able to stay out of the cake.  Shortly after he went to his room for like 3 or 4 hours.  When he came out I was at the cake AGAIN and so it looked like to him.... I had just stood there munching on the cake the whole time!! LOL

YES....IT IS THAT GOOD!!! :)

And it's EASY!

Butterscotch Cake

2 Butterscotch Pudding Cups (yes, actual, like you'd pack in your lunch, pudding cups)
1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
2 Eggs
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Butterscotch Chips
1/2 Cup Chopped Nuts

Mix the first three ingredients together.  Then spread into a greased 9 x 13 pan.  Sprinkle the nuts, chips and sugar over the top.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

Here's the cake before it cooks.  You can't see it that well in the picture, but it is really thick and flat.  So, I had some concerns.

But it raised up just fine during cooking!!


I'm not sure why, but mine just was not as good as my step-moms.  It needed more butterscotch! 

I actually think my problem was the generic butterscotch chips!  Some things just aren't as good generic...and these were one of those.  They were too waxy!

Or maybe I'm just spoiled and am not intended to make my own...that way it remains oh so special at Christmas! :)

Until tomorrow....

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so yummy, Erin. I may have to give this a try. The Hubs always wants chocolate cake, and I always like spice cake. But I'm always looking for something new (and easy) to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is SO yummy Tina! Just don't use generic butterscotch chips! :)

    ReplyDelete