Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gallery Walls

I am completely obsessed with Gallery Walls!  


I've been doing my own versions of the gallery wall since way before I realized they had a name or were 'cool'.

My hallways have always served as a gallery wall of family photos and such.  And this house is no exception.


Some of you might remember forever ago that I posted the problem with my current gallery wall...it had the "highwater effect".



I've taken the 'stuff' further down the wall now. I'm still on the fence as to whether it's low enough now or not, but it's working for now.



Now I'm moving on to creating a gallery wall in the living room!

I told you I'm obsessed with gallery walls!  

Pinterest is only encouraging my obsession.


After lots of looking and searching and pinning...I have definitely learned that I am drawn to the eclectic type gallery walls.  I like a hodge podge of items. Artwork mixed in with pictures and letters/numbers and plaques and whatever strikes your fancy. 

Don't get me wrong I love structured gallery walls too.  Like these:



Then there's the pseudo-structured gallery walls.  These have structure to them in the way they are displayed, but the items on the wall have variety.  Like these:




This one with all the paint by numbers makes my heart go pitter-patter!  I LOVE vintage paint by numbers! 
Source Unknown

THEN.......

BE STILL MY HEART!!

There's the ones that truly make me drool.  Okay, maybe not literally.  Not that I would admit too. But these are the ones I want in my own home. 


Source Unknown




Does it get anymore spectacular than these?!?!  :)

If you are interested in following me on Pinterest so you can keep up with all the things that make me smile, laugh, or that is just plain adorable, beautiful, stunning, or whatever else smarks my interest, here is the link to follow me.


Follow Me on Pinterest



5 comments:

  1. I love gallery walls too. I think the most interesting ones are those that have dimension and are eclectic.

    Did you hear from Cutting Edge Stencils?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin me too! I have been pinning like crazy and have been inspired to try a gallery wall in our next home. I like the ones you have shown.

    Warmly, ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Erin, I love your gallery wall, and how you fit the old pictures in so perfectly with the new! :) And I can see why you are loving gallery walls~ those are such fun and inspiring pictures! I love the first one of the ones you say are your favorite kind of gallery walls. {The painting/picture of roses on the first picture of that set of them is gorgeous! The 9th picture on your post.}

    I hope you have a good night!

    Blessings,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is more insights does this blog post "Gallery Walls" on Where Beauty Meets Function provide about creating visually appealing wall displays? Tel U

    ReplyDelete