I've been a busy girl!!! :)
Lots of projects completed....lots more in the works. The good news...plenty to show you!
I made a stop at Goodwill this past weekend and found this little beauty for $1.99.
So, I set off to make it look more like a concrete planter. To be honest, there is no science to this. I used, black, white, brown, and gray acrylic paints and just painted, smeared, and dabbed them on until I liked the look. Then I covered the whole thing in Ralph Lauren Smoke Glaze.
This picture, if you look closely, is split in the middle. The left side is the new finish, the right side is the old. Subtle...but it made me much happier. :)
Here is the completed after.
I have been wanting make a ball topiary thingy for some time. I'm not showing you where I'm putting this just yet, but I had my reasons for a ball topiary.
I was going to use a styrofoam ball, but it would have needed to be painted so the white didn't show through and I didn't have that kind of patience. Luckily, I had this green ball I used in a vase filler awhile back.
I bought the greenery back before Christmas for $5 at a little store I stopped in one day. I just clipped off 2-3 sprigs and hot glued them onto the ball.
Drinking several glasses of wine while helping your friend do her college online school work is optional. ;)
I am VERY pleased with how it turned out!! And I can't wait to show you what I did with this little beauty! :)
If I had to guess a price I'd say $3 total...since I owned the ball for ages and I only used one full length of the plant...I've got tons left.
Stay tuned for more projects to come. :)