Friday, October 22, 2010

Fun news, a heartfelt thanks, and something NEW!

Ok, I know today is usually "No Function Friday" where I show you a craft that has nothing to do with organization or decor or greeness (is that a word?) or small home living or anything like that (did you even know that was the purpose of my blog? LOL  Probably not, since it's been awhile since I've been able to post about those things with all the craftiness and Halloweeny and all going on) but I don't have a craft ready today to show you.  Sorry! :(

BUT....I do have a couple things to share today!

First...WE DID IT!!!!  As of this morning when I logged on....we hit 70 followers!!!!!!



Seriously, I know I'm a goofball and I joke around alot....but I truly mean it when I say....THANK YOU!!!

It is a heartfelt thank you!!  I appreciate each of you who take time to spend with me, comment on my blog, have side email conversations with me, inspire me through your own blogs...these things make my day, my week, my month!! :) 

With all seriousness, being a single mom (or just single for that matter) can sometimes be a lonely world.  Almost everyone I know is married...so they forget or don't know what it's like to be alone all-the-time (even my family doesn't live here).  And most of my adult connections are at work...which is a place that more and more I'm struggling with.  The atmosphere has changed since I started 8 years ago and I no longer enjoy my job.  I dread getting up and going into work.  I'm tired of driving 50 miles a day (round trip) across the city and dealing with the traffic.

So, THIS, my blog and each of you, allow me to connect to people who do and love...what I do and love!!  My blog, and each of you, give me something to look forward to every day.  I check my email with excitement each morning and throughout my days...because no matter how much I want to give the finger and walk out of my job ;), I can always go to my Google Reader or check my gmail account and 'disappear' for a minute to a world I feel comfortable and connected to.  Instead of sitting alone in the evening, flipping through my favorite home decor magazines while watching HGTV, I have a connection now to actual people, who are like living home decor magazines. :) 

So, again, I just wanted to say THANK YOU!

Ok, no more Sappy Sue!!

Moving on to more exciting news!!!

You've heard me talk before about my good friend, Martha, from A Real (Upstate) New York Housewife, well when I opened my email this morning, sitting there in my inbox from Martha was the most beautiful and thoughtful gift ever!!! 



Yep, that's right peoples!!  Martha made me my own blog button!  I'm all official now!!  I feel like I've got my own badge of honor!!! 

THANK YOU MARTHA!!!  Isn't she just the sweetest!  I've encouraged you before to check her out. She is spreading her wings in the blogging community!! :)

Well, that's it folks!  Don't forget to go here and enter for my giveaway for hitting 70 followers!!  And if you feel like (but not required) I'd appreciate any and all feedback on my first craft show item! :)

Have a great weekend!!!

Until next time...


9 comments:

  1. Awesome, awesome awesome! You are totally official now! :o)

    Many Blessings,
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrrr....my computer is being SOOOO slow. I've written this comment too many times. Hope that shows how much I like your blog!!

    I love this post. I'm right with you when it comers to excitedly checking my email.

    Thank you so much for your lovely comment today about my Snuggly Cushion with mother-of-pearl buttons.

    Hope you were a teensy bit tempted to have a go!!

    I'm proud to be your 72nd follower!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so very welcome my friend! I'm so glad you are happy with it. It was my pleasure. As a matter of fact, I came to grab your button for my own blog! (I could put it on myself, but I wanted to do this officially!)

    I agree with your post as well. Very well said. I've only been doing this for a short time in the grand scheme of things, but it has become a very important part of my day to day life. Since I can't work anymore and don't get out and about as often as I used to, it is a way for me to keep connected to the rest of the world.

    May your button grace a thousand blogs! Oh, what the hell.... make that a million!

    Wishing You Peace and Blessings,
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo Erin! I'm so happy to follow your blog and to have met you through the wonderful world of blogging. I don't think you had the follower box up when I first met you or I would have followed sooner sweet friend. I really enjoy your blog and your new design is beautiful.

    Thank you for reading our Chestnut's life story. He's a mess and so loved by us both. Your babies are precious too. Chestnut says meow to them.

    Happy weekend! ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 70 followers!! My husband works long hours so I can definitely identify with just how exciting all this blog stuff can be :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome Erin...so happy for you!~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new button! It is so fabulous and so "you"! Even though I am married I don't feel like it sometimes :) My husband drives 160 miles round trip for work so he leaves in the early morning and doesn't get home until late. Now he is even working Saturdays. My son has a job now and works 6 days a week so it is just me - it does get pretty lonely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know Martha! She's a sweetheart. The blogging community can be fun--I'm sorry to hear you no longer enjoy your job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your button! I will add to my blog, craftie friend!!!! I am so happy you feel loved by this blog. You should. I started blogging too to meet people, share my crafts. My husband passed away 3 years ago so I understand the single life. But life is so good and there are blessings around the corner, just look for them every chance you get! A cute boyfriend helps, sister!!! HAHA

    ReplyDelete