So, here's my nightmare project!!
I think I did everything I could have done wrong. Do you ever have projects like that?
So, I'm going to tell you everything NOT to do! That way if you do one of these, hopefully it will go easier for you. :)
I used alot of ribbon!! I'm not even sure how many rolls. One was from a garage sale for $ .10...which is what prompted this little project that took me a WEEK!!
Yes...I sat on my couch in the evenings for a week hot gluing ribbon onto this baby!!
The BIGGEST thing I did wrong is I made my ribbon too short!!! I cut each piece at about 3 inches. Don't do this!! Make you ribbon closer to 4 to 4.5 inches! Why? Because the shorter piece didn't poof out as much. This made alot more 'holes' between the ribbons...which caused me to have to use MORE ribbon...which costs more and takes more time! (You can kind of see in the photo below...look at the black one with white polka dots...it's just kind of sticking up, with no poof.)
The next thing I wouldn't do again...I wouldn't spread it out like this. I'd just fill up a section and work my way around. I thought I would be smart and make sure the ribbon was spaced out evenly. The truth is...it's so full in the end you would never notice if the ribbon is spaced evenly or not.
Oh, and this is a dollar three wreath just wrapped in orange ribbon. But I bet spent every bit of $10, maybe more, on ribbon by the time this was done!
So, while I LOVE the way it turned out...there are DEFINITELY things I'd do differently next time. ;)
Here's a close up when it was all said and done:
Tomorrow's project is MUCH easier and SUPER cheap! :)