Monday, May 02, 2011

Craft Show Update

The craft show was a big...fat....BUST!!!! 

Waste of time. 

Waste of a beautiful Saturday for the first time in forever...that I could have been working on the nightmare fence instead.

Waste of resources.

Waste of money.

Hmmm.....did I mention it was a waste?

I guess I shouldn't say that.  I met some AWESOME women!!!  Made some great connections!  Seriously, if we'd had some glasses of wine it would have made for a great ladies day....that's about it. 

I spent the entire 6 hours just talking with other vendors.  If we had 20 outside people walk through, that would be shocking.  It should have been a great location, but they only put out a couple of fairly small signs (totally ignored my suggestion of balloons!).  No signs at the major intersections that were near!  Everyone was pretty upset about that.

The only things I sold were to other vendors.  I did get a couple custom orders out of it that I'll be working on this week!  I am excited about that! :)

My stuff though, I got alot of great feedback and alot of positive comments from the few people that did walk through.

This was the big hit of the day, with two more custom ones ordered and a custom clipboard.


 I got the idea for these from the Shanty 2 Chic girls!

Well, I just wanted to give you the update. 

Tomorrow I will go back to discussing my living room!  Much more exciting news coming from there! :)
   

5 comments:

  1. oh man, that stinks that you feel it was mostly wasted. i guess you don't know til you try. the custom orders are really a great thing, hope you'll show us what you make! i'm off to check out your living room now, you know i've got a lot of catching up to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks sorry! But good for you custom orders to do wooo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knew, that's the way it goes sometimes, but you never know what ill turn up with the connections you made?

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so bummed for you! We don't normally have those kinds of shows around here during this time of the year so I wonder if that had anything to do with the turn out? Either way, that clip board is SUPER cute!

    Many Blessings,
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you had a terrible show spring shows are always terrible now I do well in the fall.. Though so many people are ouot of work not sure how this year will do???

    ReplyDelete