Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fall Inspiration - Leopard Pumpkins!!!

I warned you to check back in this weekend!  I told you there'd be an extra crafty post this week!  And here it is!

LEOPARD PUMPKINS!!

Seriously...does it get any better than this?!?!

In case you are a new follower or just happened to miss it....I love leopard print!  Not in a tacky, all over my house kind of way.  But tucked in here and there and I wear the occasional leopard print sweater.  And I may or may not own a wrap with a faux leopard print collar.  But anyway... :)

So, when I saw this project at Tracys Trinkets & Treasures I knew I had to make my own!!!

It had my name all over it.  FALL....LEOPARD PRINT...AND MODGE PODGE!!!  My three favorite things all wrapped up in one little project!!

She used tissue paper.  I will be honest I looked everywhere for tissue paper like hers, but this pattern was the only I could find and I got it at Michael's.  ($3)

I used flowers from, where else, the Dollar Tree.  ($5)

I picked up pumpkins at Goodwill, Dollar Tree, and Christmas Tree Shoppe. ($6 total)

Tips:

*  Tear the tissue paper into smaller pieces to Modge Podge onto your
    pumpkins.

*  If you are using orange pumpkins paint them brown or tan first...the orange
   shows through the paper...but it's fine on the two brownish colored ones.

*  It won't be perfect!!!  Think of this project more like paper mache.

And here it is!!!



I specifically wanted to get this project done so I could link it up to Thrifty Decor Chicks Fall Inspiration Party!!

But I will also link it to the same parties I linked yesterday's project, my fabric wreath, during No Function Friday too!

Oh...and if you are loving that orange wall...that is a wall in my kitchen!! (Which I will be showing you soon...I swear!)

And don't forget to come back next week...when I will be showing you several options for my new logo and asking you to vote for your favorite!!  And I'll will be doing a giveaway for those of you that vote!!  :)


Until next time...

9 comments:

  1. super crafty! does your daughter take after you in the craft area? seems like that would be fun for you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your blog and looking at lots of your posts...Great blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's thinking outside of the box...luv it!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gracious! I absolutely love it! I need to do one in zebra. I love zebra. Love the flowers too! Sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. Love them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the leopard :) what a great twist on a classic pumpkin!

    ~Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete