Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Our Newest Addition

I wanted to introduce you to our newest family member! Simba.


 
Simba is a Leopard Gecko.
 
Now, if you had EVER asked me prior to this, I would have told you that we’d never own anything but cats. And most certainly any sort of reptile would have been LAST on our list of pets. I mean…EWW!!!

But when Doodle fell in love with the neighbor boy’s Leopard Gecko, I begrudgingly agreed that if she wanted to use her own money and clearly understood that he was her responsibility, then she could get one.

Ok, that’s not completely true. I begrudgingly said we’d consider it…until my ex-husband called and told me NO, that was ridiculous, she needed to get fish instead, blah, blah, blah and then guilted convinced her that fish was a better idea. And me, being the timid and docile type that I am, said something along the lines of “No one’s going to tell me what to do in my own house.” Or something like that. ;)

So, while I mulled this over the very next day we brought home Simba.

And I fell IN LOVE!!

Total and complete love people!!

I, me, cat lover extraordinaire….am in love with a gecko! Granted, seeing as how he is all leopardy looking, and seeing as how I love leopard print…helps! But he is SO sweet!

He cuddles! He kisses! He eats crickets! Ok, that part is totally grody, but I’m willing to overlook a few minor imperfections. He comes to the glass of his tank when I talk to him! And I may or may not bring him to bed with me while I read or watch TV at night. And the cats may or may not be relinquished to the foot of the bed while Simba is there…instead of on my head which is their normal location.

This post is mostly for my family that read my blog, but I had to share my newest love! Who’d have thunk it? Right? :)

And yes, there is a real and relevant post coming later today.

Until next time....



No comments:

Post a Comment