Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mass Hysteria at local Joann Fabric!

Ok, on Friday I went to the Joann Fabric by my work to use a 50% off coupon that was about to expire.

They place in my bag, which I discover when I get home, a flyer which shows that the Personal Cricut will be on sale for $79.99 Sunday only!!  This is the one that usually runs $199.99...which the cheapest I've found it is $149.99. 
 So, you can imagine my excitement!  I will FINALLY get my Cricut at a price I can actually afford!!  I can't pass this up!

But then....panic sets in!  I won't be the only one who will jump on this price!  So, I realize I will have to be at the local Joann's when they open on Sunday!

So, this morning I get up early.  I get Doodle and her little friend who was staying over (and thankfully has known me since she was born) psyched up for what lies ahead and we run out the door promptly at 9:40 so we can be at the store when the door open at 10:00 (which I verified online last night before I went to bed of course)!

Imagine the scene...

I pull up in the parking lot.

There are four other women sitting in their cars waiting for that door to open.

This is going to be like black Friday at Wal-Mart type hysteria.  Rocky music is playing in the background...elbows and fists are flying to get what we are sure is one of the only two Cricut's they will have in stock at this price.

The girls decide we should get out first and be standing at the door....even though it is freezing cold and raining...and the little friend is only in shorts and a short sleeve shirt and the Doodle has gone all spaghetti strap in 50 something degree weather.

But it's ok...we must prevail.  We will battle the elements to make sure Mommy gets her Cricut (which she always thought sounded like 'Cry-cut'...but was corrected in the store that it's pronounced 'Cricket' thus why there is a picture of a cricket on the box...where I might have made a comment that they should spell it like CRICKET if they want you to pronounce it that way!")

But anyway...we walk up to the door at five minutes til...and the little one pulls on the handle...and it OPENS!  The harps start playing and are quickly drowned out by the sound of Rocky again!

I hear "Erin, can I have some of this candy?"  I say "Child!!!  Are you crazy!!  I don't have time for this...we have candy at home...let's find my machine!"

A quick glance through and I just decide to go right up to the ladies and ask.  I mean, those women are now making their way into the store.......to buy.....FABRIC!

WHAT?  Joann's has the ridiculously expensive ever elusive Cricut for $79.99....and you were waiting in the parking lot for them to open for...FABRIC!

So much for the mass hysteria I had imagined.  The girls laughed at me and thought I was a total dork being the only one there that actually was buying the Cricut!! 

Oh well...at least I got one finally!! :)

Until tomorrow...

11 comments:

  1. LOL! That is a fun story! I'm glad you got your machine! Have fun with it! I have the Expression and I LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was too funny! I've done this before thinking everyone else is there to get just what you came for! I would love to have one of these machines. It's on my wish list!
    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just at Michaels (right next to Joann Fabrics) and it did seem pretty busy in the parking lot...maybe due to the Cricut sale??? :o) Glad you got one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I can't believe I didn't know!!!! I want one so bad I can't stand it, but HATE to pay so much for it! I hope they have this again! Thanks for stopping by my site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha!!!! This made me laugh. I can totally see myself doing this. Yay for you! I want a Cricut too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new toy!!!

    I had to laugh at the way you set that scene. That was me last Thanksgiving waiting to get my Expression at Walmart.

    You're going to love it, can't wait to see what you with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it was a DARN good day wasn't it?! I can't wait to see what projects you'll be soon showing us!

    Many Blessings,
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congradulations!And I don't blame you for being a little anxious, in so many of these types of sales they only really have a couple of the items available and they always seem to have "sold out" before you get there. So happy that you got what you wanted.(-:

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is amazing that no one else was there to purchase the machine at that great price. Congrats on your new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could so see me doing this - too funny that no one else was there to get one. Also, I'm trying hard not be be jealous, I've been wanting a Cricut (I'm with you on the pronunciation, I said it wrong for a long time - it makes no sense!) for a long time! Congrats on the great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your sweet comment about my mod podge frame on my blog. I started a new craft blog this weekend- check it out if you get a chance. http://craftily-ever-after.blogspot.com :)

    That's awesome that you got the Cricut! I love mine- my next step is learning how to do vinyl with it! :)

    ReplyDelete