So....one of the things I thought was important was for you to get to know a little about me.
I want everyone who reads my blog to feel like they know me. Like they know my family, my Doodle, my pets, my passions, my personality, my sense of humor. I want everyone to feel a connection to me. I don't just want to be a blog you visit.
I want to build friendships through my blog!
So, with that said, I thought one of the simplest ways to do that was to share some stuff about me. So, here are...
Ten Things About Me:
1. I was in the U.S. Navy for over 8 years!! Kind of a shocker, huh? I miss it terribly most days. I met some of the most unique and amazing people during my time enlisted.
2. During my time in the Navy, I was stationed in Naples, Italy for 2 years and on Oahu, Hawaii for 6 years. Doodle was born in Hawaii.
3. Although I live in Indianapolis, Indiana now (for 8 years). I was actually born and raised in Bradenton, Florida (and also lived in Wauchula and Sarasota, Florida growing up).
4. I have three brothers. I'm the oldest at 36. Trevor is 28. Matthew and John are both 23 (not twins...different moms....and dad's for that matter, LOL! My family tree is C.R.A.Z.Y...mostly because of #5 & #6 below.)
5. I lost my mother to breast cancer when I was 10 years old. (I'm not telling you that to feel bad or sad, my mother was wonderful...but I have a wonderful mother today too. I'm telling you this to help establish a background into what makes me who I am today.)
6. I also lost my father to cancer when I was 21. But I have a step-father that, while he's no real relation to me, is an amazing man!! And the most loving and devoted Grampy to my daughter!
7. I attended a community college for 2 semesters, during which I took a Career Psychology class. After all the personality tests, the computer came back and said I was suited to be....an Interior Designer! I chickened out of pursuing what I considered a "non-lucrative degree". That's when I joined the Navy...to decide what I wanted to do with my life. Sixteen years later...I still want to be an Interior Designer. :)
8. I am a Lifetime Member of Weight Watchers. I lost 80 lbs and kept it off for a couple years. And then...I gained it all back. So, I'm back at Weight Watchers losing all the weight again. I love food! What can I say. ;)
9. I have an irrational fear of parking in unknown locations...especially parking garages! I can drive in downtown Indy all day and park on the street. I have driven to Florida and Texas (both more than once) from Indy, alone with the Doodle. I lived overseas where I didn't speak the language...but I won't park in a parking garage!! Ask me to...and I will have a meltdown! It's not pretty! ;)
10. I want to write a book. Maybe even more than one. I want to write about my totally insane, crazy, twisted, white trash, hillbilly, hilarious, and sometimes sad, childhood! And maybe a book about small homes someday!
So, there are ten things I thought were important to know about me!
Now, it's your turn! I won't make you tell me ten things...but maybe two or three would work!! :)
I can't wait to learn more about you!
Until next time...